Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How are your grandchilden remembering you?

What would your grandchild list as the thinks you taught them?  What makes you memorable other than your title - grandpa/grandma?

How do you want to be remembered? Is it a treat or a 'trick' (read that 'burden') to go to grandpa's house?

Think back toy our grandparents and remember the old adage 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".  True for you?

I'm the only one of my siblings who has an memory of my Grandmother Fincke...but I do have memories...positive memories, though she died in my 4th year.

In the craziness of our times, are you an oak to them, the very picture of what they want to be when they grow up.  My Grandfather Patterson is that to me.  He was a hard-working, smart and funny man.  I owe so much to him.  He is on the top row, center (I'm the geek at the left, bottom in 1965)

You will be remembered.  It's a matter of how you purpose the grandchildren to remember you. The child may be the one to 'name' you (Both my grand-dads were called Pop in my home), but you and I are more mature (I hope. :-) to direct their thinking about you and your family.

Pray for your grandchildren today!

-Grandpa George

No comments:

Post a Comment